Glebe Gallery, Donegal
Church Hill, Co. Donegal
Glebe House, the home for nearly thirty years of the renowned artist Derek Hill, is situated beside Lough Gartan, east of Glenveagh National Park, Co. Donegal. Originally known as St Columb’s, the 1828 Regency-style house is decorated with William Morris textiles, and collections of Islamic and Japanese art, as well as 300 works by leading twentieth-century artists such as Picasso and Kokoshka. The house and gardens are displayed in an informal manner, as though Derek Hill was still in residence. Glebe House and Gallery are operated and managed by the Office of Public Works.
Hamilton Young Architects oversaw a detailed condition survey of the house as well as upgrade works to the surrounding grounds and gallery courtyard. The works included new access ramps, paths, and parking, as well as wheelchair-friendly access to the gravelled courtyard coffee shop.
|Client||Office of Public Works|
|Project Lead||Hamilton Young Architects|
|Contractor||Joseph McMenamin & Sons|